Deeper insights lead to better solutions.

Deeper insights lead to better solutions.

Deeper insights lead to better solutions.

Deeper insights lead to better solutions.

Deeper insights lead to better solutions.

BT Design Lab helps companies build products, services, and experiences that customers love. We’re experts in Human Centered Design. Our creative research methods help unearth important insights that lead to compelling solutions. We’d love to help you build your next breakthrough.
BT Design Lab helps companies build products, services, and experiences that customers love. We’re experts in Human Centered Design. Our creative research approaches help unearth important insights that lead to rapidly prototyped solutions. We’d love to help you build your next breakthrough.
BT Design Lab helps companies build products, services, and experiences that customers love. We’re experts in Human Centered Design. Our creative research approaches help unearth important insights that lead to compelling solutions. We’d love to help you build your next breakthrough.
BT Design Lab helps companies build products, services, and experiences that customers love. We’re experts in Human Centered Design. Our creative research approaches help unearth important insights that lead to compelling solutions. We’d love to help you build your next breakthrough.
BT Design Lab helps companies build products, services, and experiences that customers love.

A few clients we've helped...

A few clients we've helped...

A few clients we've helped

Morningstar_Logo
SAIC_logo
motorola_solutions
AB_Bernstein_logo
ut-wordmark-square-large

Most new product launches fail. In fact, some studies put the failure rate as high as 90%. We think your next product should be in the other 10%. Rather than build on hunches, let’s figure out what your customers really want.

Most new product launches fail. In fact, some studies put the failure rate as high as 90%. We think your next product should be in the other 10%. Rather than build on hunches, let’s figure out what your customers really want.

Most new product launches fail. In fact, some studies put the failure rate as high as 90%. We think your next product should be in the other 10%. Rather than build on hunches, let’s figure out what your customers really want.

Most new product launches fail. In fact, some studies put the failure rate as high as 90%. We think your next product should be in the other 10%. Rather than build on hunches, let’s figure out what your customers really want.

Most new product launches fail. In fact, some studies put the failure rate as high as 90%. We think your next product should be in the other 10%. Rather than build on hunches, let’s figure out what your customers really want.

eye
LATEST CASE STUDIES

LATEST CASE STUDIES

You might be asking, what is Human Centered Design anyways?

So what is Human Centered Design anyways?

So what is Human Centered Design anyways?

So what is Human Centered Design anyways?

So what is Human Centered Design anyways?

Human Centered Design is a design methodology that fundamentally believes in order to create breakthrough products, you have to begin by understanding unmet human needs. This approach is also popularly referred to as “design thinking” since it emerged from the field of design. It's the best methodology we have for repeatable innovation. But don’t just take our word for it, check out what the experts are saying...

Human Centered Design is a design methodology and philosophy that fundamentally believes that in order to create breakthrough products, you have to begin by understanding unmet human needs. When faced with a business challenge, rather than rushing to a solution, we focus first on empathizing with people effected by the issue. Empathy leads to insights, insights inspire new concepts, concepts become prototypes, prototypes become breakthrough products.

Human Centered Design is a design methodology and philosophy that fundamentally believes that in order to create breakthrough products, you have to begin by understanding unmet human needs. When faced with a business challenge, rather than rushing to a solution, we focus first on empathizing with people effected by the issue. Empathy leads to insights, insights inspire new concepts, concepts become prototypes, prototypes become breakthrough products.

OUR SERVICES

OUR CORE SERVICES

OUR CORE SERVICES

Main Eye-07

User Research + Insights

User Research + Insights

User Research + Insights

Isn’t it time we stopped building off of hunches? Doing real user research takes the guesswork out of your next product launch.

Isn’t it time we stopped building off of hunches? Doing real user research takes the guesswork out of your next product launch.

 

"We hired BT Design Lab to do user research for a pet-focused startup. We are so glad we did. Insights from this research led to product ideas we would have otherwise missed."

Austin Church / Balernum Co-Founder

ball-10
Product + Service Design
Product Development

Product Development

Stay dialed in to the wants and needs of your primary users as you quickly prototype physical or digital offerings.

Build physical or digital offerings with agility and staying near and dear to the heart of your primary users.

 

"The future state storyboard and solution concepts we prototyped received rave reviews from our client."

Randy Reagan / SAIC Enterprise Architect

Main Eye-09

Design Methods Training

Design Methods Training

Design Methods Training

Schedule a workshop and we will train your team in innovation processes and methods that can be applied across your organization.

Want to take your design chops to the next level? Set up a workshop with our team to learn design processes and methods that can be applied across your organization.

 

"Bryan's experience in teaching Design Thinking methodology was a key factor in each of our teams successfully creating market-ready products"

Earnest Cadotte / University of Tennessee

July037

Bryan Terrill, Founder + Design Lead

Bryan Terrill

Bryan Terrill

Bryan Terrill

Bryan started out as an engineer, but his curiosity about how things and people work eventually led him to a Master of Design Methods degree from the Institute of Design, Chicago, and a career in design. Bryan has worked with well-known brands and companies, such as Motorola and Morningstar, to design more “human-centered” products and services. Bryan also has a B.S. degree in electrical engineering and experience in product development, service design, and management consulting. Bryan married way out of his league, and he and his wife Blair, who is a Certified Nurse-Midwife and Family Nurse Practitioner, live in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Bryan has a broad skill set, but when it comes to creating products that are truly breakthrough, it takes a village. Bryan has a strong network of design researchers, industrial designers, engineers, UX designers, and business strategists on the ready to tackle your biggest business challenges.

Bryan started out as an engineer - curious about technology, but perhaps even more curious about human beings... which eventually led him to a career in design. Bryan has dedicated equal parts of his career to the disciplines of design, engineering, and business that gives him a unique wholistic approach to creating new solutions. Bryan has a degree in electrical engineering and experience in product development, service design, and management consulting. Bryan received a Master of Design Methods from the Institute of Design, Chicago where he worked with companies such as Motorola and Morningstar to design more “human-centered” products and services.

Bryan started out as an engineer - curious about technology, but perhaps even more curious about human beings... which eventually led him to a career in design. Bryan has dedicated equal parts of his career to the disciplines of design, engineering, and business that gives him a unique wholistic approach to creating new solutions. Bryan has a degree in electrical engineering and experience in product development, service design, and management consulting. Bryan received a Master of Design Methods from the Institute of Design, Chicago where he worked with companies such as Motorola and Morningstar to design more “human-centered” products and services.

Bryan started out as an engineer - curious about technology, but perhaps even more curious about human beings... which eventually led him to a career in design. Bryan has dedicated equal parts of his career to the disciplines of design, engineering, and business that gives him a unique wholistic approach to creating new solutions. Bryan has a degree in electrical engineering and experience in product development, service design, and management consulting. Bryan received a Master of Design Methods from the Institute of Design, Chicago where he worked with companies such as Motorola and Morningstar to design more “human-centered” products and services.

“The key to solving business problems is to focus on the human ones.“ - IBM

The key to solving business problems is to focus on the human problems.

The key to solving business problems is to focus on the human problems.

“The future state storyboard and solution concepts we prototyped were outstanding and received rave reviews from our client. In addition, Bryan is a pleasure to work with and is a person of integrity.” 

The future state storyboard and solution concepts we prototyped were outstanding and received rave reviews from our client. In addition, Bryan is a pleasure to work with and is a person of integrity." 

The future state storyboard and solution concepts we prototyped were outstanding and received rave reviews from our client. In addition, Bryan is a pleasure to work with and is a person of integrity." 

The future state storyboard and solution concepts we prototyped were outstanding and received rave reviews from our client. In addition, Bryan is a pleasure to work with and is a person of integrity." 

The future state storyboard and solution concepts we prototyped were outstanding and received rave reviews from our client. In addition, Bryan is a pleasure to work with and is a person of integrity." 

RANDY REAGAN / SAIC ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
 

RANDY REAGAN / SAIC ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
 

Stay in the loop

Every month I send out a roundup of the latest articles, case studies, and other happenings in the world of Human Centered Design and other innovation methods. Fill out the form below to join the conversation.

Stay in the loop

Every month I send out a roundup of the latest articles, case studies, and other happenings in the world of Human Centered Design and other innovation methodologies. Fill out the form below to join the conversation.

Stay in the loop

Every month I send out a roundup of the latest articles, case studies, and other happenings in the world of Human Centered Design and other innovation methodologies. Fill out the form below to join the conversation.

Stay in the loop

Every month I send out a roundup of the latest articles, case studies, and other happenings in the world of Human Centered Design and other innovation methodologies. Fill out the form below to join the conversation.

Stay in the loop

Every month I send out a roundup of the latest articles, case studies, and other happenings in the world of Human Centered Design and other innovation methodologies. Fill out the form below to join the conversation.

btdl_badge
Through Human Centered Design methods BT Design Lab helps businesses grow, adapt, and innovate. We marry the rigor of research with creative intuition to deliver breakthrough products and services.

Connect With Us

Connect With Us

Connect With Us

Connect With Us

OFFICE

OFFICE

1417 E 5th Ave.

KNOXVILLE, TN 37917

1417 EAST FIFTH AVE. 

KNOXVILLE, TN 37917

UNITED STATES

1417 EAST FIFTH AVE. 

KNOXVILLE, TN 37917

UNITED STATES

1417 EAST FIFTH AVE. 

KNOXVILLE, TN 37917

UNITED STATES

© BT DESIGN LAB 2019, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
© BT DESIGN LAB 2019, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
© BT DESIGN LAB 2019, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED